Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2011

First week

Ok so im assumning that those who are reading this are more than likely in their first week or few weeks of the slimming world plan. If not i hope that this may convince you to make the jump and just got it :). I am writing all of this information in highnsight as i didnt think of starting this blog until tonight. However i still remember my first week very clearly.

As i mentioned on my first post the night of i joined slimming world i spent my whole night reading through all the information in the booklet i was given. With all this new information i woke up on friday morning with alot of enthusiasm. For my first week i wasnt really sure what i was doing so i played it safe. I had a salad with lettuce, cucumber, red onion, ham and some salt and pepper. I basically had this every day for a week. As i was still having the regular cravings for snacking i also carried with me a bag of carrots and a 2lt bottle of water. Believe me this did not go down well. Nearly 2 months later and i am still being called carrot boy. So maybe i looked ridiculious carrying round a bag of chopped carrots but it didnt matter because it helped me conquer my cravyings for the first week.

One of the worst parts of my first week was the drinking session i attended. You may ask why would i go to a party that i wouldnt be able to drink at. A party that their would be alot of fast food and drink consumed. Looking back i have to say it was one of the worst ideas i have ever had :P I wanted to be their and enjoy the night with my friends but at the same time it was hard to sit there and be the sober one. Usually i am the one who downs 10 pints and spends the rest of the night pretending im superman and talking in an american accent. This time i nearly killed the party just by being the sober one! Wait! i have a picture!


Anywho. What i am trying to say is your first week is obviously going to be very difficult. Going from eating a 200g bar of chocolate most nights to no choc is a big transition to make. As much as you try not to let it affect your mood it does get to you. Late on in the first week i also discovered syns and started to enjoy them. The book states that you should have between 5 and 15 syns a day. Personally i dont waste my syns on things like butter. Instead i save all mine for chocolate. As soon as i discovered that curly wurlys were only 6.5 syns i made sure to have one a day and boy did i enjoy it :).

Other low syn treats that i recommend are Matchmakers at 1 syn per stick. Freddos at 5 syns, Kit Kat 5 syns (2 stick) and milky way at 6. If you want a full size bar of choc and are willing to give up all your syns in that day for it i would recommend a mars bar. Its 14 syns for the 63g bar and its so sweet so you can nibble on it and still get a great taste. I didn't have a full size bar until my 6th week but when i had it i chose a Mars Bar and it took me 3 hours to eat it all :)

Also in your first week don't be afraid to experiment. There are many recipes out there to help ease the transition. In my first week i discovered slimming world chips and burgers. Burgers can be made healthy by buying extra lean mince defrosting it throwing in an egg and forming into a burger shape. The egg helps to bind the meat and also adds a nice flavour.

I also made the Smash Pizza in my first week. This is using Smash instant potato as the base and putting all the regular pizza ingredients ontop. The recipe for smash pizza is a little more complicated so im gonna save that for another post.

The final thing that happened in my first week is the all important weight in. After eating healthy for a week and resisting most of my urges i was hoping for a bit loss. To see otherwise would have demotivated me so much. Walking up to the scales on you second week is probably the most nerve racking experience. Thankfully when i jumped on the scales in the first week i had a nice loss of 6.5 pounds which was a massive pick me up. Don't worry if you did not lose this on your first week. It doesn't mean that the slimming world plan is not going to work for you. There are a number of reasons why you may not lose as much. First off, your not following the plan to its potential. Secondly, you may not as much weight to lose. Thirdly, some medications and conditions can apparently slow weight loss. Forthly, alot of water is lost from your muscles in your first week. If you do not have much muscle this could affect your loss. <-----Dont quote me on that last bit as im not sure about the details :P All I no is water, muscle make weight go away :)

To clerify the difference in losses we can look at how much my family and friends have lost in their first week. My friend lost 5 my Mum Lost 3 1/2 and my Sister lost 3. So dont worry if your not losing massive amounts it will all come off eventually :)

Well thats my first week covered from what i can remember. Im not going to go through and mention every week and what happened in it as i honestly cant remember. The past few months have just formed together into a fat burning blur. I will be doing alot of posts in the comming weeks and months about How to eat out Healthy!, How to get the Most Choc for your Syns, Common misconceptions, slimming world updates, alot of recipes and hopefully some links to some slimming sites.

I hope you all enjoyed your first weeks and i wish you all success. If you have any questions or queries about slimming world or syn values i will try and do my best to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment