Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Slimming World Introduction

I thought it would be an interesting idea to record my progress in slimming world. I think that it would help keep me motivated and hopefully help other people down the line when they decide to take the plunge. Im not all that knowledgeable at the minute but im working on it. Will be giving everything from basic information to full recipes over the next several months. I would like to make this blog a sort of safe haven for all those who need support and advice and will try to respond to all comments.

First and formost lets get some infromation on me :) I am 19, male, and have been Fat for as long as i have had a computer :P Ironically im still sitting here now blogging about my fatness. I have tried many crash diets over the years and if im honest nothing seemed to work fast enough. Im sure many of you out their are in the same boat "If it doesnt work fast then its not worth doing".

I finally decided enough was enough and was going to try some food replacement shakes but my sister didnt think it was a good idea. My sister mentioned a friend had been to slimming world and had great success. After a few weeks of mulling it over i convinced both my mum and my sister to join up with me. My personal advice is to try and get at least 1 person to attend meetings with you. If this is not possible i would at least try and find someone that wont mind you rambling on about it as support is just as important as the diet itself.

Anyway we went to our first meeting on the thursday night. Sat through the initiation which was baffling to say the least. All this information about foods that you can have/cant have/and can have some of.

Next up was the scales and let me tell you that was a long walk. Its unbelievable how much you worry about seeing those numbers. You see yourself everyday and see that you are getting bigger but the very thought of your body being squeezed into such as small little glass window is daunting.

I came out with a nice little 15.3 Stone, a full stone more than i thought i weighed :S While i was there i also got measured up. Needless to say at 5ft10 i had a BMI that was off the scales topping out at a 31. In one chart i looked at the BMI only went up to 29, as you might image that was a bit worrying. Also with a waist size of 42 inches i was at greater risk of developing all these lovely illnesses i hadn't even heard of.

So anyway we sat through the meetings listening to all the updates and things that our consultant had to say. Then came time for the all important weight loss report. The idea in this is that we start from left to right and ask each person what they lost. I swear if not for the 5 minutes to people calling out what they had lost i don't think i would have stuck with it.

Some people in our meetings had losses of 4 pounds and higher. This was a big change from what i had read. Most guides say you can only lose 2 pounds a week healthy.

Armed with the knowledge that weight loss of 2 pounds was not the hardest thing in the world i hit the books hard to find out more. In the first night i must have read through every piece of info in my little welcome booklet. Including the piece about becoming a consultant but we will get to that later.

Next post will detail you first few days on slimming world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment